Welcome to part 2 of opening up about mental health. In part 1 I talked about my own battles with mental health issues and ended with the promise of a post specifically talking about self-care.
Below is a list of 100 things I might do when I feel the need to make myself feel good; I hope that you can find some inspiration from it for the times when you need to feel better.
- Go shopping.
- Do something spontaneous.
- Get my hair done.
- Get dressed up for the sake of it.
- Have a bath.
- Have a long shower.
- Read a book, or two.
- Get a massage.
- Do an at home facial.
- Have a spa day (at home or for the extra treat at an actual day spa – I’m a big fan of Endota).
- Have a nap.
- Go for a walk.
- Get outside.
- Go to the movies.
- Go to the beach.
- Swim in the ocean.
- Ride my bike.
- Get my nails done.
- Go on a road trip.
- Take myself on a date.
- Buy something off my wish list.
- Get a chai latte from a coffee shop.
- Buy myself some flowers.
- Look through old photo albums.
- Book something – an event/course/trip.
- Tick off something from my bucket list.
- Make a smoothie.
- Look through photos of my nephew and niece.
- Re-read old blog posts.
- Watch my YouTube videos to remember all the fun places and things I’ve done/been to.
- Make myself a cup of tea.
- Eat some chocolate.
- Update my bucket list.
- Go for a random drive somewhere.
- Put on some loud music and dance around the house.
- Watch my favourite movie.
- Go to an F45 class.
- Buy something for someone else.
- Read my favourite bloggers latest blog posts.
- Have a picnic.
- Go to a lookout.
- Go somewhere new in my hometown.
- Cuddle up on the sofa.
- Eat some fresh fruit.
- Spoil my niece and nephew.
- Get an ice-cream from my favourite ice-cream shop.
- Have a social media detox.
- Clean up my social media (unfollow/unfriend people that no longer bring joy or value to my life).
- Go to bed earlier than usual.
- Write down some goals.
- Book an appointment with my psychologist.
- Talk about what’s going on with someone – don’t bottle things up.
- Get out of the house.
- Donate something – time to someone in need, or old clothes perhaps.
- Clean my room/office/house.
- Re-organise my wardrobe/drawers.
- Re-arrange a room in my house.
- Wash my sheets and put fresh ones on my bed.
- Clean out the fridge and pantry.
- Meal prep for the week.
- Write down to do lists for the day/week.
- Light some candles (these are my favourite).
- Diffuse some essential oils.
- Take some time to myself.
- Take deep breaths.
- Create a night time routine and follow it.
- Sit on my balcony and look at the stars.
- Watch the sunrise.
- Watch the sunset.
- Practice mindfulness.
- Call my mum/dad/sister.
- Go out for a meal with someone.
- Organise a girls night.
- Reach out to a friend I haven’t spoken to in a while.
- Spend quality time with a loved one.
- Do something nice for someone else.
- Hug someone I love.
- Have a conversation with someone – friend, family, or even a stranger.
- Listen to music (Ziggy Alberts is my favourite mellow musician to listen to, otherwise Hilltop Hoods are my go to when I need something a bit more upbeat).
- Bake something.
- Cook a fancy meal.
- Write a blog post.
- Make a scrapbook.
- Make candles.
- Buy a fun adult colouring book.
- Make a personalised self care kit.
- Write down some inspirational quotes.
- Update my wish list.
- Make a vision/goal board.
- Be creative; make something, anything.
- Write a letter/postcard to someone.
- Find a new recipe and make it.
- Learn something new.
- Listen to a podcast.
- Watch a TED Talk.
What are some things you do to make yourself feel good?
2 thoughts on “Part 2 ↠ Self-Care: 100 Things To Do To Make Yourself Feel Good”
great post! x
LikeLiked by 1 person